I like running. And I think it’s one of the more important things anyone can do to increase thier fitness. Back in the spring a friend and I decided to run 1 mile every day. We wanted to run a mile every day from the first day of spring to the first day of fall. I don’t listen to music when I run. For no reason in particular. It’s just something I never did. Here’s a few things I heard in the last 200 days that I would NOT have heard if I were listening to music while running.
1. Teenagers driving around yelling at each other with the windows down
2. The sound of a transmissions downshifting
3. The sound of a loud car stereo
4. The sound of the wind being cut by a car
5. A neglected exhaust system
6. Rubber tires changing direction and/or slowing down and/or hitting road debris
7. A rattling suspension system
8. Squeaky brakes
9. The tread of a tire
10. The sound of an engine
You won’t her any of these with music blaring in your ear.
Ditch the earbuds.
Here’s Alan’s Sunday Funday Partner WOD
One Person Moves At A Time
AMRAP in 30 Minutes
14 Thrusters, 75/55
10 Single Leg Deadlifts Every Time The Team Switches